All Natural Supplements For Dogs Can Prevent Serious Health Issues
If you are a dog lover, you likely want to provide the best life possible for him or her. Dogs, like humans, need the proper vitamins, minerals, and nutrition to grow strong and healthy. While there are many premium dog foods that contain high quality ingredients, including essential vitamins and minerals, it is important to supplement your dog’s diet with an all natural supplement to ensure he is receiving maximum nutrition.
Boosting your dog’s immune system with an all natural supplement will help to ensure your dog is around for many years to come. The question many have is, “What is the best supplement for my dog?” The answer depends on whether you are trying to prevent an illness or are trying to help your dog maintain or relieve symptoms of a health issue he already has.
If you are trying to prevent illnesses from happening, it is important to put your dog on an all natural supplement tablet that contains a variety of vitamins and nutrients, such as a multi-vitamin for dogs.
Here are some other natural ingredients you can add to your dog’s diet to help prevent, maintain, or relieve common health issues dogs tend to develop.
* Flaxseed Oil – This is commonly used to keep a dog’s skin and coat healthy. Not only is it good for your dog’s skin and coat, but it tends to have anti-cancerous properties. Flaxseed oil is a good source of soluble fiber, which can help with constipation.
* Fish Oil – This can help dogs that have inflammatory diseases, such as: allergies, arthritis, kidney, heart disease, and cancer.
* Garlic – This is an excellent all natural flea repellent.
* Licorice Root – This helps in digestion, which also helps alleviate upset stomach, diarrhea, and acid reflux.
* Glucosamine Chondroitan – For dogs that are older and suffering from joint pain and stiffness from arthritis, a glucosamine chondroitan supplement can help. This supplement can help replenish lost cartilage, which provides a cushion for the joints.
* Ginger Root – This helps in digestion, and can be used to treat other digestive issues in dogs, such as gas and nausea. It is great to help calm your dog’s stomach before car rides, as well.
* Vitamin C – This helps to prevent muscle and tissue damage and can even slow down the aging process.
It has also been used to prevent cancer, boost the immune system, and treat urinary tract problems.
Before you start your dog on any type of natural herbal ingredient, be sure to talk with your dog’s veterinarian. Just because something is natural does not always mean it is a safe ingredient for your dog.
There are some natural foods that are healthy for humans that can be deadly for dogs. Make up a list of supplements you would like to try and talk to your vet before you give your dog any type of natural supplement.
Choosing all natural for your dog is one of the best gifts you can give your dog. You are giving your dog the gift of health and the chance at a longer life. Give your dog the gift of good health and energy so he can continue to give you the gift of loyalty and love for many years to come.