Today’s world is a difficult place to make one’s way. Pitfalls are seemingly around every corner. Things you think are correct, end up being wrong. People hurt you and circumstances seem crushing at times. There is one place where a person can go for refuge from this crazy world. A place full of people who care and want to help.
That place is a spiritual community. Here are ten reasons why it is important to be part of a spiritual community.
- It should always be a welcoming place. A place you feel comfortable and the people are genuinely happy to see you. If you do not feel that the place is right for you, keep looking. It may take a few tries, but it will be worth it.
- A spiritual community will help you find your spiritual gifts. Everyone has a gift, sometimes you just do not know what it might be. A community, like Elevate Life Church, can help you figure out your gifts.
- Going to a service on Sunday helps prepare you for life the rest of the week. Being part of a spiritual community can be so comfortable, but, generally, the rest of the world tends to not always be as supportive. Having that Sunday boost can help you get through the week.
- It is important in life to be moved, to feel inspired. Hearing a great sermon can help you get that. That inspiration can carry you through the tough times.
- A spiritual community, such as at Elevate Life Church, is a wonderful place to celebrate life’s wonderment. Whether it is a birth, celebrating a life past or any number of experiences in life. Celebrating with a close knit community makes the joy even sweeter.
- You will always have an eternal classroom. The beauty of a spiritual life is that you never learn it all. There are so many things to learn, so many lessons to glean. Having an eternal classroom guarantees that your growth will never be stagnant and that you will be challenged.
- Having a support system in your time of need makes the burdens less heavy. Being able to share those burdens with others and having them assist you when you need them makes being part of a spiritual community essential.
- In turn, you have the ability to be someone else’s support system. A spiritual community can showcase those gifts you have in a meaningful way to someone who needs your help. As the old saying goes, it is always better to give than to receive. Here you can do both.
- Fellowshipping with other believers is a blessing that you many not even know you are missing. The world today is very fragmented. So many people live alone, but we were not meant to be alone so much. Fellowship helps make life a joyous event.
- The most important thing that can come from a spiritual community is growing closer to God. Through the the other items on the list, you can use those ideas to learn more about God, to learn how live the life that is waiting for you.
There are other reasons for such a community, but the two main items you can walk away with are a closer relationship with God and an all-important sense of belonging. This is not only a gift for you but for the world at large. Think hard about becoming part of a spiritual community and you will see some interesting life changes.